Thursday 26 September 2013

Not-So-Bedraggled Daisy

As I began the assignment for this blog posting, the word ‘bedraggled’ began to frustrate me a bit.  I realized that imagining a bedraggled daisy had already begun to make me feel rather uninspired about the project as a whole.  So instead, I went in search of a perfectly healthy-looking daisy, to start the process off on a slightly more encouraging note. 

It was an interesting exercise, mainly because it allowed me to plot out some search terms that proved fruitful in sifting through online databases for relevant articles.  I actually found it difficult to stop at just 8 daisy petals!  It also allowed me to situate my research topic among theoretical frameworks, both to align myself with, and others I hope to subvert.

I’m still having difficulty narrowing my research interest down into a specific question, but hopefully this more streamlined approach to the literature review will facilitate this process.



Daisy Image Source: 


DeHaven, D. (Photoshop). (Year Unknown). Retrieved September 26, 2013, from: http://hosted.wwell.net/debdehaven/pi7/toledaisies/

No comments:

Post a Comment